|Regio, Plaats||Noord-Brabant, Den Bosch|
Nadat de cv selectie heeft plaatsgevonden bestaat de selectieprocedure doorgaans uit een kort telefonisch gesprek, twee selectiegesprekken op locatie en een afrondend gesprek.
Essent is onderdeel van innogy SE. Een leidend Europees energiebedrijf. Onze ambitie is om bestaande en nieuwe klanten, innovatieve en duurzame producten aan te bieden die hen helpen om efficiënter met energie om te gaan en hun kwaliteit van leven en werken te verhogen. Werken bij Essent betekent volop kansen om jezelf te ontwikkelen in een uitdagende internationale omgeving waar iedereen zichzelf kan zijn.
Department / environment
As Strategic Initiative Leader you work within the CIO Office department, which sets the Essent IT strategy, initiates IT policies, leads implementation initiatives and ensures that these initiatives are aligned with the Business Units, Innogy IT and the IT department itself.
The Strategic Initative Leaders discover, execute and lead strategic improvements in technology, processes and organization. They also act as prime content-advisors to the Director Essent IT. With your colleagues, you are on top of changes in business priorities, information technologies, IT service delivery,legislation, regulations and security policies, which have an impact on the Essent IT architecture and indicate which measures need to be taken to comply or enable.
The following roles exist within CIO office;
- Strategic Initiative Leader
- Enterprise Architecture
- E2E process lead
- IT Project management
- Project management office
- Compliancy and IT Security
- Vendor management
As Strategic Initiative Leader you initiate and execute improvements on topics like IT Strategy, IT processes, technologies, and organization change. You are responsible for a technology strategy, aligned with the Business Units, Innogy and the internal IT organization. You initiate, monitor and/or co-ordinate the execution of aligned IT strategy topics. You are responsible for introducing and implementing new technologies and methodologies within the Essent organization.
Example strategic initiatives:
- Design and implement a BI domain across all business units.
- Define a new IT sourcing model
- Design, develop and implement an open source alternative for our SAP environment
- Optimize audit processes within the Essent IT department
- Supervise lean and organizational health implementation within the Essent IT department
- Influence energy sector initiatives to be in line with Essent IT priorities and strategy
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Liaise with business and IT stakeholders, to identify opportunities for IT innovation.
- Monitor external developments (information technology and business-related)
- Identify changes for improvement in regards to alignment of Business and IT.
- Define Essent IT Strategy roadmap
- Ensure commitment of and engagement with stakeholders on MT level.
- Introduce new technologies within the Essent organization and ensure proper implementation.
- Optimize cooperation within the Essent and Innogy organization.
Essent is a leading Dutch energy company and part of the Innogy Group, one of Europe's leading electricity and gas companies. The energy market is constantly changing. Customer expectations are increasing, competition intensifies, there is much attention to climate change and technological developments are moving fast. All these changes demand ingenuity, transparency, responsive leadership and delivering on our promises. Working at Essent means plenty of opportunities to develop yourself in a challenging environment.
In order to be successful in this challenging opportunity, you recognise yourself in the following:
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Strong personality
- Excellent communicator and networker
- Minimum of 5-10 years in similar working environments (preferably in large, complex, International organizations).
- Organization- oriented analysis and design methods.
- Designing and judging information architectures.
- Designing and realizing policies and guidelines.
- Program and Project Management within, a commercial environment, where IT is shaped into a demand/ supply model.
- Defining business cases.
- LEAN, Agile and Performance Management.
- Functional leadership skills
- Fluency in English communication is a must; ability in German is a plus.
- Academic degree In a technical area.
- Business understanding and affinity with processes
Joining Essent in this position means that we can offer a good salary and possible bonus.
Please send us your application and CV in English and apply directly with your resume and cover letter via our website (pls do not apply via email). For questions about the recruitment process, you can contact Rico van der Kooij, Sr. IT Recruiter via email@example.com.