|Regio, Plaats||Noord-Brabant, Den Bosch|
Nadat de cv selectie heeft plaatsgevonden bestaat de selectieprocedure doorgaans uit een kort telefonisch gesprek, twee selectiegesprekken op locatie en een afrondend gesprek.
Essent is een Nederlands energiebedrijf en als onderdeel van RWE actief op de internationale energiemarkt. Die markt verandert constant. Klanten zijn kritisch, de concurrentie verhevigt, er is veel aandacht voor klimaatverandering en de technologische ontwikkelingen gaan razendsnel. Al deze veranderingen vragen om inventiviteit, transparantie, sympathiek leiderschap en het waarmaken van onze beloftes. Werken bij Essent betekent dan ook volop kansen om jezelf te ontwikkelen in een uitdagende internationale omgeving waar iedereen zichzelf kan zijn.
Department / environment
The Project Management department is responsible for assigning the right project manager with the right skills to the right project, in order to ensure a qualitative delivery. The Project Management team within Essent (business and IT) consists of 13 medior Project Managers, 1 senior Project Manager and several external Project Managers. The Project Management team meets on a bi-weekly basis to discuss project performance, manage resource requests and develop project management capabilities. On a regular basis, several PM team workshops take place to share knowledge and experience. The department works for the whole Essent organisation, e.g. consumer organisation, business organisation, Energy Supplies & Portfolio management, Commercial (Marketing, Sales) IT for IT, etc. This can also include RWE (Innogy) projects for Essent.
We are looking for a strong Senior Project Manager, who has experience in working in an operational business environment and likes to execute complex projects from scratch and deliver this into a dynamic and demanding environment, with many different stakeholders.
Within Essent you will lead various Business-IT projects according to fixed goals, within time and budget. using project management methodology. You will deliver results agreed upon with the customer. We are looking for a Senior Project Manager who has broad experience in driving many different projects and programs, and understands how to translate business requirements into clear and concrete Project Plans. You will be responsible for starting up projects (set project governance, deliver Project Initiation Document), successful realization of project deliverables and alignment with business and IT stakeholders.
You know how to do this and from experience you understand the risks involved and know how to manage these risks.
Examples current projects:
Initialize and implement a change into an effortless service organisation. Responsible for a change management program consisting of three building blocks (People, Process, Technology) driven by an overarching compelling story.
Create a global customer centric organization by implementing an effective operational customer experience management system for all companies of RWE (Innogy). The project manager plays two essential roles: a central role for the Innogy group (to develop standardized customer satisfaction surveys), and a local role to deliver localized variations of the surveys.
Essent is the largest energy company in the Netherlands with two strong brands, Essent en energiedirect.nl. Belgium is the second home market. Essent provides private and business customers with gas, electricity and energy services. Essent (including its predecessors) has over 90 years of experience in generating, trading, transmitting and supplying electricity. Essent has also been in the business of supplying gas for 150 years.
Essent is the leading producer of sustainable energy in the Netherlands. Essent strives to provide energy using the most affordable, reliable and sustainable means possible. At the same time, Essent continues to seek solutions that are better for people, the environment and society as a whole.
The workforce in the Netherlands is around 3.600 full time equivalent and has external revenue of 6.3 billion euros (2013). The head office is situated in 's-Hertogenbosch.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Overall Project/ Program Definition.
- Project delivery.
- Budget monitoring and control.
- Stakeholder and client management.
- Project Transfer to client and stakeholders.
- Assessing stakeholder satisfaction with the program outcome.
In order to be successful in this challenging opportunity, you recognise yourself in the following:
- Academic working and thinking level (Information Management/Business Administration)
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in Project Management in the Business area.
- Experience with Project Management methodologies (certificate Prince 2 Practitioner and/or IPMA B/C and/or P3O).
- Understanding of development methodologies, e.g. Waterfall, SCRUM , Agile.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, the ability to speak German is an advantage.
- You are a strong communicator and thrive under pressure.
- You have a pragmatic attitude, but with a proven organizational awareness and sensitivity.
- You have a no-nonsense approach and a getting- things- done mentality.
Furthermore, you have:
- Knowledge of utilities market (or similar industries), methods and techniques for the design of organizations and business processes, risk and quality management, and change processes, or relevant work experience in financial services or telecom.
- Experience in complex stakeholder environments: balancing different perspectives on project objectives and success.
- With your strong vision and keen eye for improvement, you will not only inspire your project team but will also contribute to the improvement of our project management capabilities
Joining Essent in this position means that we can offer a salary from Euro 3378 - Euro 5396 excluding holiday allowance and possible bonus.
Please send us your application and CV in English and apply directly with your resume and cover letter via our website (pls do not apply via email). For questions about the recruitment process, you can contact Rico van der Kooij, Sr. IT Recruiter via firstname.lastname@example.org.