|Regio, Plaats||Noord-Brabant, Den Bosch|
Nadat de cv selectie heeft plaatsgevonden bestaat de selectieprocedure doorgaans uit een kort telefonisch gesprek, twee selectiegesprekken op locatie en een afrondend gesprek.
Essent is onderdeel van innogy SE. Een leidend Europees energiebedrijf. Onze ambitie is om bestaande en nieuwe klanten, innovatieve en duurzame producten aan te bieden die hen helpen om efficiënter met energie om te gaan en hun kwaliteit van leven en werken te verhogen. Werken bij Essent betekent volop kansen om jezelf te ontwikkelen in een uitdagende internationale omgeving waar iedereen zichzelf kan zijn.
We are currently looking for a Project and Portfolio Management Officer (PMO) for Essent. In this role, you act as the expert on Portfolio management support.
The Project Management Office (PMO) team (currently 3 FTE) is part of the Project Portfolio Management team (PPM). The Project Management department is responsible for assigning the right project manager with the right skills to the right project, in order to ensure a qualitative delivery. The Project Management team within Essent (Business and IT) consists of 14 internal Project Managers, and several external Project Managers. The Project Management team and PMO team meets on a bi-weekly basis to discuss project performance, manage resource requests (portfolio) and develop project management capabilities. The department works for the whole Essent organisation, e.g. consumer organisation, business organisation, Energy Supplies & Portfolio management, Commercial (Marketing, Sales) IT for IT, etc. This can also include innogy projects for Essent.
The PMO team works for and together with multiple stakeholders within Essent (for example IT CIO office, IT Change, IT Operations, Portfolio Management and Finance), supports Essent Project Management with supportive tasks (e.g. project finances), acts as a sparring partner with regards to project management Quality Assurance and provides portfolio support (reporting, analysis). The PMO team also provides analysis and administration tasks for the IT management team (KPI reporting, financial analysis).
Role purpose and responsibilities
We are looking for a strong Project and Portfolio Management Officer with proven know-how in portfolio support. In this role, you act as the expert on Portfolio management support.
You are able to work independently and you have a getting things done mentality. Knowledge of Prince2, P3O, MOP, Agile and able to discuss on tactical level of PMO and of project and portfolio governance is a pre. You provide timely and accurate information to secure effective decision making. You have strong analytical skills which you can put into practice to create accurate dashboard reporting and metrics. You provide support during the financial forecasting process related to the project portfolio. Additionally, you will interact with various departments to optimize the way of working and strengthen collaboration. Excellent communication skills are required in order to be able to level with various stakeholders.
More specifically, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Administrative project setup and closure
- QlikView support and SharePoint/Office 365 support
- Administrative support with the hiring process
- Quality Assurance project management way we work
- Team meetings Essent project management
- Resource & Demand planning
- Aligning initiatives with the Digital Strategy
- Support decisions on initiating / cancelling / (de)prioritizing initiatives
- Coordination of initiative portfolio (manage interdependencies, fit in agenda)
Reporting and Analyses:
- KPI reporting
- Financial analyses e.g. hours spend on projects, forecast analyses, portfolio analyses and provide accurate information to secure effective decision making
- Optimizing processes (e.g. portfolio process)
- Continuous transparency on (running) Digital projects and interdependencies
- Status per initiative/project/team (key results, upcoming milestones, budget spent)
In order to be successful in this challenging opportunity, you recognise yourself in the following:
- This function requires a Bachelor degree (Informatics or Business Economics) with several years (1-3) of experience in specifically portfolio management support & quality assurance on project management, and fluency in Dutch and English.
- As a PMO team member you are a fast learner and eager to take on new projects. You have excellent MS Excel, MS PowerPoint Capabilities and knowledge of, or proven interest in IT and digital services
- Knowledge of Prince2, P3O, MOP, Agile and able to discuss on tactical level of PMO and of project and portfolio governance is a pre
- Make impact (fascinate and influence)
- Excellent communication skills in order to level with various (senior) stakeholders
- Feeling with stakeholder management
- Team player
- Highly analytical
Essent offers its employees a competitive package with conditions that are motivating and contribute to an optimal work performance. Think of a good salary, a flexible work environment and a year-end bonus. Next to this competitive remuneration package, Essent listens to the work-life balance of its employees. There are numerous facilities to combine work and private life with various forms of leave. The salary of this position is between 2.934 and 4.192 gross per month, depending on experience and qualifications.
For any questions regarding this position you can contact Rico van der Kooij, Sr. IT Talent Recruiter via email. email@example.com