|Regio, Plaats||Noord-Brabant, Den Bosch|
Nadat de cv selectie heeft plaatsgevonden bestaat de selectieprocedure doorgaans uit een kort telefonisch gesprek, twee selectiegesprekken op locatie en een afrondend gesprek.
Bij Essent rekenen klanten op je. Want Essent levert. Slimme, handige oplossingen die het mensen makkelijker maken. Vandaag en in de toekomst. Dat is precies de reden waarom klanten klant worden. Zo'n 2,6 miljoen alleen in Nederland al. En als onderdeel van een internationaal moederbedrijf ligt er zelfs een prachtige internationale markt voor je. Dat maakt twee perfecte redenen om je loopbaan bij ons te starten. Wij willen de best presterende energieleverancier voor onze klanten zijn. Dat is onze belofte, en die komen we na. Niet voor niets wonnen we het Gouden Oor, de prestigieuze erkenning voor het bedrijf dat daadwerkelijk luistert naar haar klanten. Want ook als werkgever geldt: Essent levert.
The Development Manager is mainly responsible for improving the Business Alignment between the Development team and the Business. This to ensure optimal support to the IT Change operating model for the IT domains and processes within scope of responsibility.
Focus is to implement the right processes and technologies and ensure that the right resources, skills and competences are allocated on the right projects. The Development Manager enables that all IT solutions are based on the right understanding of the business requirements, are designed, developed and tested in a timely, correct, efficient and high quality manner, combined with thorough knowledge of the IT architecture and understanding of the architectural guidelines.
The Development Manager works in close alignment with various business lines, business- / product owners, portfolio managers and the IT staff, so that functional changes are implemented with a high degree of business satisfaction such that the commercial goals of the business are reached. Special focus within the domain of the Development Manager is set on continues improvement and innovation of the domain in order to increase efficiency and to continuously strive to deliver more (business)value for the most optimum costs.
The scope of the IT changes are mainly originating from a number of specific IT domains and business processes from the business COPS, Formula Management, CP&M and/or Essent Zakelijk, as well as other units like Finance & Control and internal IT. All business lines are supported.
1. Responsible for Resource, Demand and Delivery Management
2. Responsible for the operational steering of the sourcing partners within development
3. Management and maintenance of the various development platforms, change- / development processes, development tools, test tooling
4. Responsible for all operational planning activities related to the midterm demand, aligns and supports priority setting together with the portfolio planning, release planning, resource planning, development/sprint planning and suppliers.
5. Manages and maintains a high quality document flow, is responsible for the code quality and steers actively on improving the code base.
6. Manages a multifunctional team of professional functional analysts, developers and partners responsible for the above mentioned areas.
7. Responsible for continues improvement and innovation within the domain.
8. Other management responsibilities
- Liaises with, educate and coach Essent business managers on IT development methodologies
- Liaises with RWE IT group functions
- Liaises with IT managers, specifically the Manager CIO Office and Manager IT Operations
Essent IT has been at the heart of major business developments over the last couple of years and has increasingly becoming the key enabler for the Essent Business and plays a major role in transforming the Essent Business from a regulated supplier in the energy business to an innovative provider of Energy Services.
The ambition of the Essent IT organization lies in execution of synergies/cost sav-ings, while increasing the IT performance continuously. This needs to be achieved, while supporting a demanding and diversified customer / product portfolio, under compliancy towards a changing market and strict security policies.
As part of the RWE group, Essent IT will undergo a stronger alignment with the IT organization RWE in the coming years.
- Academic equivalent education, in information technology or a related area of expertise
- Knowledge of the design, development (scaled agile framework), test and maintenance processes.
- Customer relationship management, billing, invoicing.
- Financial analysis is an advantage.
- Online representation (web presentment) is an advantage.
- Fluent in English is a requirement, the ability to speak German is a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of the energy market.
- Minimal 10 years of experience in SW development and testing in a professional utility IT environment
- Minimal 5 years of line management experience
- Experience with different development methods is a must such as scrum, continuous Build, RUP, Test Driven Development, Extreme Programming (including design for failure)
- Experience in definition of design documentation & methodologies such as Use Cases, UML, data modeling, requirement specifications
- Experience in working with external suppliers preferably in an off-shore construction
- Makes trade-offs between flexibility and stability for the services that serve our business best
- Chooses between urgent short term solutions and long term optimal solutions
- Selects solutions taking both technical and financial arguments into account
- Has a business focused attitude
- Strategic view on IT Architecture
- Strong degree of self-motivation, independence
- High degree of flexibility in terms finding efficient solutions to align business and IT
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
In addition to being capable of managing this IT function on a scale required for Essent, s/he should have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, to drive both the operational and strategic agendas. He or she must be an extroverted, mature individual who has weathered a few storms successfully, as well as an inspiring people leader and coach.
Essent offers a challenging and very responsible job in a dynamic market that is constantly changing. Besides excellent terms of employment Essent pays much attention to the balance between work and private life. There is also ample attention to your professional and personal growth.
For any questions regarding this position you can contact Rico van der Kooij, Sr. IT Talent Recruiter via email. email@example.com